As we adventure closer to home this year, how lucky are we to get to spend Valentine’s Day with the one you love than one of the most romantic cities in Canada! If you are planning a romantic staycation you will find fresh mountain air, delightful ocean views, cozy hotel rooms, and perfect dates, all while supporting the local businesses in our community.
Here are some of our tips for planning a romantic Valentine’s Day weekend.
– Enjoy some fresh mountain air and views over Vancouver and beyond snowshoeing Mt Seymour; you then enjoy chocolate fondue served by candlelight in a hand-carved snow lounge as part of their Snowshoe Fondue Tour.
– Snuggle up in the covered area complete with fire pits and views over the water to Downtown Vancouver at Shipyards Commons. Complete your evening with dinner at one of the surrounding restaurants.
– Stroll along the quayside looking at some of the best views of downtown Vancouver before visiting the Love Locks at Lonsdale Quay.
– Pick up a picnic and watch the sunset at Lighthouse Park surrounded by Vancouver’s last standing first-growth Douglas fir forest.
– Get pampered as a couple, or celebrate Galentine’s Day with friends at Spa Utopia.
– Wake up to stunning views of Downtown Vancouver from your balcony at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
– Wrap up warm and go up Grouse Mountain for a couple’s ski day.
– It doesn’t get much more romantic than mountaintop ice skating on Grouse Mountain’s outdoor pond – the only one of its kind on the West Coast.
– Enjoy a winter beach walk with beautiful views in Whytecliff Park.
– Treat yourselves to delectable artisan chocolates at Temper Pastry in West Vancouver.
– Shop for the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts with a wide array of brand name choices at Park Royal.
– Extend your day into the night with a Romantic Retreat Package at the Seaside Hotel Vancouver.
– Have a romantic dinner with a one-of-a-kind view of Deep Cove at Arms Reach Bistro.
– Pump up the adrenaline with an outdoor adventure at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
– Take some time out to wander the Centennial Seawalk in West Vancouver.
– It might not quite be a rollercoaster of love, but the slopes of Cypress Mountain Resort are an exhilarating way to spend the day with your partner.
– Toast your love at one of Vancouver’s North Shore’s many craft breweries.
– Delight in mouth-watering French delicacies at Tour de Feast. The restaurant enjoys an excellent reputation for serving up those romantic French classics in a contemporary (and delicious!) way.
– Lights To The Lodge on Cypress Mountain is a one-kilometre snowshoe trek to the historic Hollyburn Lodge along a self-guided trail through the enchanting Old Growth Forest. The trail is lit with LED lights strung sustainably through the forest boughs of ancient Cedar, Fir and Hemlock trees.
Book your romantic staycation now with our Vancouver’s North Shore hotel deals.