Just one full day offers ample time for a variety of shopping experiences on Vancouver’s North Shore. This one day itinerary will take you from the premium mall of Park Royal to handpicking from local artists wares at North Shore galleries.
If you only have one day on Vancouver’s North Shore to shop, it’s essential you base yourself somewhere central. See our Places to Stay for details.
1. Get a leisurely start with coffee at House of Funk. While more well known as a brewery, House of Funk actually serves great coffee too! They roast their beans on-site for a deliciously fresh brew!
2. Lower Lonsdale, home to Alchemy Coffee, is a quickly transitioning area that offers a cosmopolitan mix of small boutiques, cute coffee shops, markets, and more. Lonsdale Quay Market is a great place to explore on a rainy day (it’s covered!) and houses a number of indie stores as well as the first-ever Saje Natural Wellness! For a unique shopping experience, you won’t want to miss women’s fashion pop-up Double the Love, you can find their truck boutique popping up in different locations in the neighbourhood. You’ll also find some of the best fashion-forward styles and accessories at Unity Clothing Inc.
If you are shopping for the home or for gifts, the gift shop at The Polygon Gallery is a must-see for design-forward and artist-made products.
3. Did you know that world-famous outdoor clothing brand Arc’teryx was founded right here on Vancouver’s North Shore?! Well, prepare yourself to grab a deal right here at the Arc’teryx Factory Store. The Outlet store has a curated selection of designs at the best price you can find them, whether you are going to be wearing it up a mountain, or as you explore around the city.
4. Just a short drive away is Tour de Feast, a great spot to rest your feet and fuel up again. Tour de Feast attracts locals and visitors alike with its mouthwatering French cuisine. You can enjoy dishes like Heirloom Tomato Gratin, Cassoulet, and Short Rib Sandwiches for your early lunch.
5. Capilano Mall makes shopping a breeze with over 90 stores and services and plenty of free parking. The mall offers all the shopping staples such as Walmart and Starbucks, as well as fashion from stores like Urban Planet (as its name says, it’s massive!). It’s also the perfect place to take a break from the shops to pamper yourself at one of its many health and beauty service providers.
6. Arrive in Edgemont Village to be spoilt-for-choice with independent book shops, boutiques and eateries. If you missed lunch earlier, stop by The Meatery for freshly made sandwiches, or get an afternoon sugar-boost with a dessert bar at Bjorn Bar Bakery. Just some of the shopping highlights are Giftworks Boutique, and 32 Books & Gallery.
7. Our next stop, thepicturesque village of Dundarave offers a range of small boutiques and galleries to shop in. You can take a break to take in the scenery at Dundarave Beach, which is only a five-minute walk away, or head to The Latest Scoop – a local women’s fashion boutique who stock the latest looks from designers in Vancouver and LA.
8. Your next shopping expedition can wait as you take an early dinner at your second “Feast” of the day – Feast Neighbourhood Table. No connection to your earlier stop, but food that is just as good! The food is proudly local and they have some great deals on appies if you make it for happy hour between 3pm-6pm.
9. Now it’s time to explore Park Royal! Park Royal is a huge indoor/ outdoor shopping destination, home to over 200+ shops, restaurants, and services. You’ll find a number of unique and brand-name stores as well as BC’s only Simons location! Simons offers a range of fashion styles and designer labels, as well as some of the best men’s shopping with a whole floor dedicated to men’s labels! Other shopping highlights are LuluLemon, Aritzia, Sephora, Urban Outfitters and so many more, catering to all tastes!
Rest after a hard day of treating yourself by booking one of our Vancouver’s North Shore hotel deals.